Personal Information We May Collect
We or the practice you nominate may directly or through a third-party service collect personal information including:
- Full name;
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Health fund details;
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. This could take place through a variety of ways including:
- when you contact us via our social media pages
- when you contact us with an enquiry or complaint in relation to our products and services
- through your access and use of our website; and
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, without limitation, on forms, questionnaires and surveys, by our website (including cookie collection), over the telephone, by email or person to person.
Whether we collect information from you directly or through another party we will always take reasonable steps to make sure you are aware of the reasons for which the information is collected.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
For What Purposes Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide you with the most appropriate eyecare and eyewear products and services, and to provide you with a high quality of customer service.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications to you
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services
- to advise you on your eye care needs including when it’s time to come and see us for another eye test
- advise you if we or one of our optometrists relocate
- advise you if your store has merged rebranded, relocated or closed
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- to assess our customer service and to improve our customer service to you
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or other third parties
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing and marketing research), planning, product or service development, quality control, human resources, educational and research purposes of QON Providers, its related bodies corporate, franchisees, contractors or service providers
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, franchisees, contractors or service providers
- to process and respond to any complaint or enquiry made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To Whom May We Disclose Your Information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, related bodies corporate, franchisees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, lens suppliers and manufacturers, contact lens vendors, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, archivists and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants;
- to another company or business where our store or stores are acquired by, sold to or otherwise transferred to that company or business;
- to government and regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies,
- with your consent, to other health practitioners and medical practitioners and forward relevant information to that health practitioner or medical practitioner about your particular condition; and
- any other organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent, including your insurers and your solicitors.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of any third party. Third parties are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Personal Information?
We require accurate personal information about you to ensure you receive the best possible service. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is up-to-date whenever we collect it or use it. This may include, for example, using data obtained from third parties to verify the accuracy of your personal information.
If you find that current personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
We Store Your Personal Information Securely
We take reasonable steps to ensure we protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents and electronically.
We maintain physical and electronic security over our paper and electronic data storage. We also maintain computer and network security. For example, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems.
If the personal information we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
We shall notify you in the event of a data breach that is likely to result in a serious harm to you. We shall advise the Australian Information Commissioner of any such breach.
Disclosure to Overseas Recipients
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and third-party suppliers and service providers, government and quasi-government organisations, located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of our investigations in writing.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Please contact us at:
PO Box 641 Botany NSW 1455